Questions and Answers
The price includes use of the onsite pool, sauna, steam room and gym (subject to availability and covid-restrictions).
The outside table tennis table, boules courts and playground are all free to use too. You can hire table tennis equipment from the leisure desk for a refundable £10 deposit.
We provide linens and towels for each guest on the booking form. If you require extra, e.g. for a longer stay, we can arrange that for an additional fee.
We provide unlimited Wi-Fi in each property (except The Oreo Shack), and all utilities (gas, electricity, water) are included too.
Other welcome goods (toiletries, tea/coffee, coffee pods) vary by property, which will be explained in your booking information.
Click on the calendar for any property to view rates.
Most breaks start Monday or Friday, and there are often discounts for 7 night or longer stays.
We often have unusual breaks or last minute offers so check our offers page too. Rates for each property are also coming soon on each individual property page.
The deposit varies by property, but for most, it’s £150 but can be more for the larger properties.
When you find a property you wish to book, the payment amounts and dates will be shown once you start the booking process.
The balance payment is usually due 6 or 8 weeks before your holiday, so if you are looking a late break, you will need to pay the full amount, often the same day, to confirm your booking. We also ask for a security deposit of £100-£200 which is refunded following your stay.
We accept online card payments for most properties, but for others, we accept bank transfer only.
Some properties have instant bookings set up which will ask for card payments to confirm the booking, but don’t worry if you don’t want to pay by card – your request will be logged and we will contact you to take a bank transfer payment instead.
This is our security in case of major damage at the property. In the vast majority of cases, this is refunded in full shortly after your stay. We hope you appreciate we are trusting you with our properties and possessions, and this is quite standard practice with many holiday cottage rentals.
This varies by property, and is explained in your booking terms and conditions. For most properties, it is 3pm or 4pm for arrival, and 10am for departure. This is to allow our cleaners enough time to turnaround each house, and also arrange maintenance where required.
Some properties have an optional extra for an early (2pm) arrival or late (noon) departure for a small extra fee. You can also ask the owner/ manager after booking to see if there is any further flexibility, especially when we don’t have back to back bookings. You are also welcome to use any onsite amenities throughout arrival and departure days – just park in any of the communal parking bays.
Update: July 2020 – due to extra cleaning and disinfecting required during the pandemic, some guests will be asked to depart by 9.30am and arrival may be later at 4.30pm. However, for some properties, we are leaving 24-72 hours between guests which may mean you are given an earlier arrival or later departure.
Towels are for use in the property only – please bring your own for the pool and beach.
All properties have at least one hairdryer, iron & board, travel cot, high chair, washing machine (or washer-dryer), and a dishwasher (except Sea Air).
For other facilities, check the listing for the property or send us an enquiry.
There is a pharmacy on site that sells basic groceries, open Mon to Fri (sometimes Sat).
The nearest shop off site is the Jet garage which has a Spar, just down the road near Primrose Valley.
There is a Co-op supermarket and takeaways in Hunmanby (1 mile) and a larger Tesco and other shops in Filey (3 miles).
You can also book a Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda or Morrisons delivery to the Bay.
Yes, the pool and gym open all year round, even Christmas Day! All free although there is a limit on capacity.
The general opening hours are 7am to 8pm (the pool is adults only for the first and last hour). The gym can be used by 14 & 15 year olds (cardio equipment only, not weights) if accompanied by an adult, and 16+ unaccompanied (and all equipment). We provide a card which you should show to the leisure desk staff, but you can get entry without it, if you say where you are staying).
NOTE: to maintain safety and social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic, the sauna and steam room are currently closed, and the pool and gym must be pre-booked as numbers are limited per session. Opening hours currently 9am-6pm.
The pool, sauna, steam room and gym are all free to use (subject to opening times/covid-restrictions).
You can also book yourselves into any activities provided by The Bay management. This includes tennis/basketball court hire (£5 for 30 mins), Archery, Rifle Shooting, nerf wars, geo-caching, crafts, discos, splash fun sessions (subject to availability/covid-restrictions).
You can book treatments at The Beauty Room (call Vanessa on 07981282534)
The free entertainment offering by The Bay management is currently on hold due to covid-restrictions, but usually includes discos, film nights, entertainers, bingo and quizzes.
On site, there is the John Paul Jones Public House, and the Bayside Kitchen (seasonal opening hours). From the beach, turn right and you will also find the Beach Café at Hunmanby Gap (seasonal opening hours). In Filey, you will find plenty of cafes and bars, many dog-friendly too. Our personal favourites are the Cobbles Bar and Bistro, Filey Bistro & Coffee Bar and the Downcliffe Hotel.
It is a 5 minute drive, or a 30-45 min walk along the beach or cliffs into Filey. Please visit our “local area” page for information on local tourist attractions within a few miles drive or further afield.
Our largest properties sleep a maximum of 8, plus infants.
We have some properties which are next door or near each other if you are a larger group:
- Sandy Shores and Sea Urchins – next-door neighbours on Turnberry Drive – sleep up to 9 altogether (max 8 adults)
- Corner Cottage and Seaside Cottage – next-door neighbours on Sunrise Drive – sleep 12 altogether (max 10 adults)
- 12 Green Close and Anchor at The Bay – next-door but one on Green Close – sleep 14-16 altogether (max 14 adults)
- Mariners and Oreo Shack beach houses – next-door but one on Turnberry Drive – sleep up to 9 altogether (max 8 adults)
- Blue Moon, Blue Anchor Retreat and Sea Urchins beach house – all on Blue Anchor Road – sleep 11-14 altogether (max 11 adults).
- Anchor Down and Wren Cottage – both on Seaford Avenue – sleep 9-11 altogether. Meadow View is also nearby on Trinity Way, which sleeps a further 6 (max 14 adults altogether).
We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance that will cover you if you are unable to travel due to illness, self-isolating, shielding, or national/international travel restrictions or local lockdowns.
If you live in an area where there is a local lockdown, or if you or another named guest have been asked to self-isolate by NHS test and trace, we may be able to transfer your booking to another date, subject to availability and whether we can refill your original booking.
If there is a national lockdown and your insurance does not cover covid-19 related cancellations, we will aim to be as flexible as possible in these circumstances, which should include transfer to a new date or a refund (minus any admin charges).
Please note the booking fee (where charged) is non-refundable in all circumstances
We want to make sure that your holiday with Filey Bay Direct will be as relaxing and worry-free as possible. We have introduced the following measures as advised by government, to help our cleaning teams deliver a first-class service on time, but also make our properties as safe as possible for you:
- Our cleaners are trained and equipped in cleaning and disinfecting holiday accommodation in line with government protocols, and will be leaving a checklist in the property to show what steps have been taken.
- Based on government advice, we have removed/reduced some items to minimise risk – ornaments, throws/ bedspreads, and cushions.
- We have also slimmed down our kitchen items to make it easier to keep everything clean and checked on changeover day. We will leave sufficient items for the number of guests, and washing-up liquid and a few dishwasher tablets (except for Sea Air which does not have a dishwasher).
- In some cases, we have decided to leave some entertainment items for your use but these are not sterilised/disinfected and you should wash your hands before and after using these. We also leave disinfectant and wipes for toys and DVDs. These items are DVDs, board games, books, jigsaws, toys, maps, leaflets. If you wish to know what is being left in your property, please ask (as it may differ from our standard offering in the welcome guide below).
- In advance of your stay, we will let you know your specific arrival and departure times. In order to avoid contact between guests and cleaners or maintenance staff, we ask that you do not arrive early at the property, or leave late. We hope you can respect this important measure at this time. Where we have same day changeovers, we may have to ask guests to leave 30 or 60 mins earlier, or arrive later. This is to ensure the safety of our cleaning team and our incoming guests, and we appreciate your understanding on this matter.
The Bay is open as usual apart from the following changes:
- The arcade is closed
- The pub is open 4pm-10pm, with pre-booking in place.
- The pool and gym are open 9am-6pm, with pre-booking in place. The sauna and steam room are closed.
- The cafe is open 8am-3pm, with social distancing measures in place.