Questions and Answers
The price includes use of the onsite pool, sauna, steam room and gym (subject to availability and covid-restrictions).
The outside table tennis table, boules courts and playground are all free to use too. You can hire table tennis equipment from the leisure desk for a refundable £10 deposit.
We provide one set of linens and towels for each guest on the booking form. If you require extra, e.g. for a longer stay, we can arrange that for an additional fee.
We provide unlimited Wi-Fi (where installed), and all utilities (gas, electricity, water) are included too.
Other welcome goods (toiletries, tea/coffee, coffee pods) vary by property, which will be explained in your booking information.
Click on the calendar for any property to view rates.
Most breaks start Monday or Friday, and there are often discounts for 7 night or longer stays.
Rates for each property are also shown at the end of each individual property page.
Many of our properties are in a common price category as they are the same type of property (unless we have property-specific offers on):
- Anchor Down, Murphy’s Rest, Sea Esta, Seaside Cottage, Wait n Sea, Wren Cottage – these are all 2 bedroom cottages. Wait n Sea has the benefit of a balcony and BBQ too. Wren has the benefit of a BBQ, dedicated parking bay, ensuite, and is detached. All allow dogs except Wait n Sea.
- Blue Anchor Retreat, Mariners, Oreo Shack, Sea Urchins Beach House – these are all 2 bedroom Nikki beach houses. They all have 2 shower ensuites, and a log burner. All have wifi except for Oreo Shack. All allow dogs except for Oreo Shack.
- Blue Moon, Skylark, Sandy Shores, Sea Urchins Cottage – these are all 2 bedroom Tahiti beach houses or 2 bedroom detached cottages with sea views. These all have a parking bay for 2 cars, log burners, a shower ensuite to one bedroom and a bath with shower over ensuite to the other. All allow dogs except for Sandy Shores.
- Anchor at The Bay, Corner Cottage, Meadow View – these are all 3 bedroom cottages. However they do differ slightly. Corner Cottage sleeps up to 8 and is strictly pet-free. Meadow View sleeps up to 6 and allows 1 dog and has a downstairs bedroom. Anchor at The Bay sleeps up to 8 and allows 2 dogs.
- Luna Azul, Sea-la-vie, Seahorse – these are all 3 bed Kontiki beach houses/lodges. Each bedroom has its own ensuite (2 shower ensuites and 1 bath), and they have a parking bay for 2 cars, log burner and large decks. All allow dogs except for Sea-la-Vie.
- The unique properties we have in addition to the above are Perran Court (1 bed ground floor apartment), Sea Air (2 bed 2 bath first floor apartment), 12 Green Close (4 bed 2.5 bath house), and Silversands House (4 bed, 3 bath detached house with balcony and sea views).
The deposit varies by property, but is generally 10-20% of the rental amount.
When you find a property you wish to book, the payment amounts and dates for payments will be shown once you start the booking process.
The balance payment is usually due 8-12 weeks before your holiday, so if you are looking a late break, you will need to pay the full amount, often the same day, to confirm your booking.
We also ask for a security deposit which is refunded following your stay. This is incase of any damages, although we do not charge for minor breakages.
We accept online card payments and bank transfers, although for last minute bookings, we will insist on card payments.
Some properties have instant bookings set up which will ask for card payments to confirm the booking, but don’t worry if you don’t want to pay by card – your request will be logged and we will contact you to take a bank transfer payment instead.
This is our security in case of major damage at the property. In the vast majority of cases, this is refunded in full within 2 weeks of your stay. We hope you appreciate we are trusting you with our properties and possessions, and this is quite standard practice with many holiday cottage rentals.
This varies by property, and is explained in your booking terms and conditions. For most properties, it is 3pm or 4pm for arrival, and 10am for departure. This is to allow our cleaners enough time to turnaround each house, and also arrange maintenance where required.
You are also welcome to use any onsite amenities throughout arrival and departure days – just park in any of the communal parking bays (but not in the property bay as our cleaners need to use these).
Note: Due to extra cleaning and disinfecting required due to covid-secure cleaning measures, some departures will need to be by 9.30am and some arrivals may be as late as 5pm. We will confirm your times in an email before your arrival.
Towels are for use in the property only – please bring your own for the pool and beach.
All properties have at least one hairdryer, iron & board, travel cot, high chair, washing machine (or washer-dryer), and a dishwasher (except Sea Air).
For other facilities, check the listing for the property or send us an enquiry.
There is a pharmacy on site that sells basic groceries, open Mon to Fri (sometimes Sat).
The nearest shop off site is the Jet garage which has a Spar, just down the road near Primrose Valley.
There is a Co-op supermarket and takeaways in Hunmanby (1 mile) and a larger Tesco and other shops in Filey (3 miles).
You can also book a Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda or Morrisons delivery to the Bay.
Yes, the pool and gym open all year round, even Christmas Day! All free although there is a limit on capacity at present due to social distancing measures.
The general opening hours are 7am to 8pm (the pool is adults only for the first and last hour). The gym can be used by 14 & 15 year olds (cardio equipment only, not weights) if accompanied by an adult, and 16+ unaccompanied (and all equipment). We provide a card which you should show to the leisure desk staff, but you can get entry without it, if you say where you are staying).
NOTE: to maintain safety and social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic, the sauna and steam room are currently closed, and the pool and gym must be pre-booked as numbers are limited per session. Opening hours currently 9am-6pm.
The pool, sauna, steam room and gym are all free to use (subject to opening times/covid-restrictions).
You can also book yourselves into any activities provided by The Bay management. This includes tennis/basketball court hire (£5 for 30 mins), Archery, Rifle Shooting, nerf wars, geo-caching, crafts, discos, splash fun sessions (subject to availability/covid-restrictions).
You can book treatments at The Beauty Room (call Vanessa on 07981282534)
The free entertainment offering by The Bay management is currently on hold due to covid-restrictions, but usually includes discos, film nights, entertainers, bingo and quizzes.
On site, there is the John Paul Jones Public House, and the Bayside Kitchen coffee shop.
From the beach, turn right and you will also find the Beach Café at Hunmanby Gap (seasonal opening hours). In Filey, you will find plenty of cafes and bars, many dog-friendly too.
It is a 5 minute drive, or a 30-45 min walk along the beach or cliffs into Filey. Please visit our “local area” page for information on local tourist attractions within a few miles drive or further afield.
We aim to be as flexible as we can during the coronavirus pandemic.
A full refund will be given for a cancellation for one of the following reasons:
1. Cancellation by us (for any reason).
2. Where the property is under Government restrictions which force us to close.
3. Where your home address is under local/regional restrictions (tiers) which prevent you from travelling to us.
We strongly recommend that you insure yourselves against covid-19 and any other reasons you may need to cancel or curtail your holiday with us. There are now a few providers offering covid cover if you are ill or are asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace (e.g. Allianz Assistance, or Trailfinders). [Please note we are not endorsing any of these products – you must check they suit your personal needs – a search on comparethemarket may be a good place to start.]
For all other reasons, a partial refund will be given when the holidaymaker cancels (e.g. illness, work commitments, accident, transport issues, jury service, redundancy):
|1 or 2 bedroom properties|
|More than 12 weeks before||10%|
|8-12 weeks before||20%|
|5-8 weeks before||50%|
|3-5 weeks before||70%|
|1-3 weeks before||85%|
|1 week or less||100%|
|3 or 4 bedroom properties|
|More than 12 weeks before||10%|
|8-12 weeks before||50%|
|4-8 weeks before||75%|
|1-4 weeks before||90%|
|1 week or less||100%|
We will also use reasonable endeavours to get a replacement booking, and if successful, we will be able to refund more. For example if your booking was for £500, and you cancelled 5 days before, and we get a replacement booking for £450, we will then return £400 after we have deducted a £50 admin fee for our readvertising time and costs.
We want to make sure that your holiday with Filey Bay Direct will be as relaxing and worry-free as possible. We have introduced the following measures as advised by government, to help our cleaning teams deliver a first-class service on time, but also make our properties as safe as possible for you:
- Our cleaners are trained and equipped in cleaning and disinfecting holiday accommodation in line with government protocols. We allow extra time for airing properties, cleaning and sanitising.
- We have removed/reduced some items to minimise risk – ornaments, throws/ bedspreads, and cushions.
- We have also slimmed down our kitchen items to make it easier to keep everything clean and checked on changeover day. We will leave sufficient items for the number of guests, and washing-up liquid and a few dishwasher tablets (except for Sea Air which does not have a dishwasher).
- In some cases, we have decided to leave some entertainment items for your use but these are not sterilised/disinfected and you should wash your hands before and after using these. We also leave disinfectant and wipes for toys and DVDs. These items are DVDs, board games, books, jigsaws, toys, maps, leaflets. If you wish to know what is being left in your property, please ask (as it may differ from our standard offering in the welcome guide below).
- In advance of your stay, we will let you know your specific arrival and departure times. In order to avoid contact between guests and cleaners or maintenance staff, we ask that you do not arrive early at the property, or leave late. We hope you can respect this important measure at this time. Where we have same day changeovers, we may have to ask guests to leave 30 or 60 mins earlier, or arrive later. This is to ensure the safety of our cleaning team and our incoming guests, and we appreciate your understanding on this matter.
The amenities will be governed by Government covid legislation and The Bay Management, but currently:
- The John Paul Jones pub is open for inside and outside dining in line with the government roadmap. Booking is recommended for inside dining.
- The pool, sauna, steam room and gym are open 8am-6pm with pre-booking in place for the pool (45 min slots every 15 mins).
- The Bayside Kitchen cafe (8am-3pm) is open for sit-in or take away. Tables can be reserved for Afternoon Tea.
- The arcade is expected to be closed until 17 May at the earliest.
- The Beauty Room is open.
- The pharmacy is open weekdays all year round.
- The new local store is due to open in late May.
- Entertainment programme – still not confirmed but may include outside cinema when allowed.
- The activity programme is limited to a few outdoor activities e.g. archery, rifle shooting etc. Contact Aria Resorts for booking.Please note: we do not offer refunds if you find any of the above are not open during your stay, as we are not responsible for these amenities/businesses.
Our largest property (Silversands House) sleep a maximum of 10 (max 8 adults), plus infants. We also have a few others that sleep up to 8.
At this present time, we are limiting bookings to single households (if before 17 May), and 2 households or 6 people from multiple households from 17 May to 21 June. This is in line with the Government roadmap.
If you wish to stay in nearby properties to friends or family, we have the following options:
- Sandy Shores and Sea Urchins Cottage – next-door neighbours on Turnberry Drive – sleep up to 9 altogether (max 8 adults). Silversands House opposite also sleeps up to 10 (max 8 adults).
- Corner Cottage and Seaside Cottage – next-door neighbours on Sunrise Drive – sleep 12 altogether (max 10 adults)
- Anchor Down and Wait n Sea – next-door neighbours on Seaford Avenue – sleep up to 10 altogether (max 8 adults). Wren Cottage (sleeps 5) and Meadow View (sleeps 6) are also nearby.
- Mariners and Oreo Shack beach houses – next-door but one on Turnberry Drive – sleep up to 9 altogether (max 8 adults)
- Blue Moon, Luna Azul, Skylark, Sea Urchins and Blue Anchor Retreat beach house – all on Blue Anchor Road – sleep up to 27 altogether (max 22 adults).
- Sea Esta Cottage and Perran Court Apartment next door – on Perran Court – sleep 9 altogether (max 6 adults).