The Bay Filey
The Bay is an award-winning holiday village close to the traditional seaside town of Filey, on the North Yorkshire coast, between Scarborough and Bridlington.
All guests booking our properties are given a pass which gives free access to the leisure complex. Guests can also book on any activities provided on site, or join in with any entertainment provided.
Properties are set within acres of beautifully landscaped parkland. The Bay offers the following activities and facilities:
- indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gym (free pass)
- childrens’ playground
- boules courts
- football pitch
- outdoor table tennis table
- wildflower meadow and lakes
- John Paul Jones pub – dog-friendly inside and outside
- Bayside Kitchen – coffee shop open daily for breakfast and lunches – dog-friendly inside and outside
- Family Entertainment Centre (amusements and games)
- Pharmacy/ grocery shop
- private path to beach
- Entertainment in the village centre (school holidays and some weekends)
Other activities are bookable in advance or during your stay for a fee, including:
- tennis/basketball court,
- beauty treatments/massage
- splash (fun inflatable pool session)
- craft sessions
The local area and attractions
Our cottages at the Bay village near Filey are ideally situated to explore the stunning North Yorkshire coast and moors, and the wolds.
You are in walking distance of the amazing Filey Bay, which has 6 miles of sandy beach, rock pools, fossil cliffs and Filey Brigg. The Bay has its own footpath down to the beach, so it’s just a short walk from each of our properties.
You can walk into the traditional seaside town of Filey at low tide, which is around a 30 minute walk. Or if it’s high tide, take the coastal path for amazing views.
You are just a short drive or bus trip to:
- Bridlington – 8 miles – larger traditional seaside town, boat trips, leisure centre, John Bulls Candy Kingdom, Spa Theatre, Park Rose Birds of Prey and Animal Park, and harbour.
- Sewerby Hall and Zoo, near Bridlington
- Burton Agnes Hall and Gardens, near Bridlington
- Scarborough – 8 miles – large seaside town with castle, parks, cricket ground, sealife centre, Alpamare water park/spa, concert venues, museums, art gallery and shops
- Bempton Cliffs RSPB reserve, a few miles away.
- Flamborough – 5 miles – with lighthouse and beautiful coves and beaches
- North Yorkshire Water Park – water sports, jogging track and open water swimming – a few miles away
Within an hour’s drive are other tourist attractions and towns/cities:
- York (with its museums, Minster, shops and river cruises)
- Whitby (historial Abbey, harbour, famous fish and chips and special events)
- Robin Hoods Bay (quaint fishing village just north of Whitby)
- Hull (City of Culture 2017) with The Deep aquarium, shops and more.
- Pickering – start of the North Yorks Moors Railway.
- Flamingo land theme park and zoo.
- Go Ape in the Dalby Forest