Filey Bay Direct Holiday Cottages
If you are looking for a self-catering break on The Bay holiday village near Filey on the Yorkshire Coast, then you have come to the right place!
There are 30 properties to choose from – everything from a one-bedroom apartment to properties sleeping up to 10 with balconies and sea views.
And all our guests have free use of the onsite leisure centre, and are just a short walk to one of the UK’s best beaches.
BOOK NOW FOR 2022 AND 2023
Special Holiday Let Offers
Save up to 20% on some of our remaining summer dates.
See last minute deals on our offers page.
What we offer
All our properties are within 10-15 mins walk of the amazing Filey bay with miles of sandy beach, with rockpools, sealife and fossils to explore too.
The Bay holiday village which our properties are all on has the following amenities for our guests to use:
- swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym (all free to our guests)
- the John Paul Jones pub
- the Beauty Room (massage, beauty treatments)
- a general store and pharmacy
- a playground, boules courts, table tennis table, football pitch (all free to use)
- an amusement arcade
- outside activities (archery, go-carts, rifle-shooting, tennis/basketball etc) – charges apply, subject to availability
- craft activities (tie-dye, build a bear, and other seasonal crafts) – charges apply, subject to availability.
Please see our FAQs for the latest information on amenities and opening hours.
Just some of our recent reviews…
Lovely place to stay. Very clean and well stocked with things you might need. Especially pleased with the number of lovely fluffy pillows!! Had such a great holiday and the weather was on our side so had a fabulous time at the beach every day too.
Thanks for a wonderful stay. The accommodation is excellent with all amenities at hand and the excellent beach/bay close by. All instructions and information provided by Paula helped witha seamless and hassle free visit.
Just returned from our second stay at Blue Moon lodge at the Bay. Absolutely amazing lodge with everything you need including lots of gorgeous outdoor furniture. A lovely walk to the bay beach which is spotless and dog friendly. This is our 7th visit to the Bay over the last few years and i will be back again soon. Thanks to Paula who makes the whole booking process and stay a pleasure.
Just come back from a second visit to The Bay Filey 1st being in 2019 and on both occasions accommodation was spot on. The Bay Filey has such a variety of holiday accommodation to suit all from beach hut style,to detached house of which we have stayed in. The complex itself is vast and incredibly well maintained. Absolutely loved the detached house with balcony overlooking beach. You won’t be disappointed which ever you choose.
As a family of four this was a great house to base ourselves from. The house was well presented, clean, tidy and equipped with everything we needed. Good patch of grass at the back of the house for the children to play too. It is in a great location on site for access to the park, leisure facilities, beach and the pub. We visit The Bay every year and would definitely stay in this property again. We usually book with Filey Bay Direct as there is a great choice of property and Paula the property manager is always helpful, professional and responsive.
Local Area – Filey Bay
Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or wanting to explore the Yorkshire Coast, Moors, or Wolds, we are ideally located for many local tourist attractions. As a guest at The Bay Filey you also have access to onsite amenities, some which are free for our guests (pool, gym, sauna, steam room, table tennis table, playground, boules courts, meadows and lakes).
Properties of the month
About Filey Bay Direct
I am Paula Foster and I started “Filey Bay Direct” in 2018, and I can help you select a property suitable for your needs and budget. I know the Bay well as I’ve owned property there since 2014, and I know all the property owners on a personal level, and contract six local cleaning firms and other suppliers to help deliver a quality holiday experience. The recent reviews should give a flavour of what our guests thought. I must be doing something right as many guests come back again and again! Some have a favourite property – some like to try something new each time! I can help choose the perfect property for your family, or you can browse the portfolio yourself!
Most common FAQs
The deposit varies by property, but ranges from £100 to £200.
When you find a property you wish to book, the payment amounts and dates for payments will be shown once you start the booking process.
The balance payment is usually due 8-12 weeks before your holiday, so if you are looking a late break, you will need to pay the full amount, often the same day, to confirm your booking.
We also ask for a security deposit which is refunded following your stay. This is incase of any damages, although we do not charge for minor breakages.
There is a new shop in the courtyard area at The Bay – open 8am – 6pm (seasonal hours may apply in low season) and is perfect for toiletries, groceries (fresh, chilled and frozen), alcohol and soft drinks, ice creams, newpapers/magazines, beach items, souvenirs and much more.
The nearest shop off site is the Jet garage which has a Spar, just down the road towards Filey, near Primrose Valley.
There is a Co-op supermarket and takeaways in Hunmanby (1 mile) and a larger Tesco and other shops in Filey (3 miles).
You can also book a Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda or Morrisons delivery to the Bay.
The Bay has lots to offer to families, couples and friends wanting to spend time together. On resort you will find:
- Indoor 20 metre pool (for leisure and lane swimming), sauna, steam room and gym. These are currently open 8am-7pm with pre-booking in place for the pool. Free to all our guests!
- The John Paul Jones pub – open for inside and outside dining and click and collect.
- Amusement arcade.
- The Beauty Room (call 07981282534).
- A small grocery store (in the courtyard) – open 8am – 6pm (shorter hours in low season). It sells food, toiletries, beach items, newspapers/magazines, alcohol and more!
- Playground, boules courts, football pitch, outside table tennis table. All currently free of charge to guests.
- Wildflower meadows and lakes – perfect for walking the dog, having a picnic or just enjoying a nature walk – orchids, butterflies, newts, a resident barn owl and more can be spotted!
- Entertainment programme – pub quizzes, and other events organised by the resort team.
- Activity programme including football, tennis, tie dye, build-a-bear, crafts, go-carts, archery, rifle-shooting – booking required and charges apply to all guests at The Bay. Age restrictions apply, but there’s something for all age groups from under 4s through to 12+ and adults.
Please note: we do not offer refunds if you find any of the above are not open during your stay, as we are not responsible for these amenities/businesses.
We aim to be as flexible as we can at this time.
A full refund will be given for a cancellation for one of the following reasons:
1. Cancellation by us (for any reason), for example if a property is sold, or if emergency repairs are needed.
2. Where the property is under Government restrictions which force us to close.
3. Where your home address is under local/regional restrictions which prevent you from travelling to us.
For all other reasons, a partial refund may be given when the holidaymaker cancels for whatever personal reason depending on how much notice is given. Cancellation Terms are shown before you make a booking online.
To ensure you don’t lose your money if you cancel, I strongly recommend that you insure yourselves for any reason you may need to cancel or curtail your holiday with us.